feature request for this mailing list

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 08:57:23 UTC 2014

[resending with correct host, duh]

On Vi, 07 mar 14, 21:48:09, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-03-07 at 14:27 -0600, Mr Queue wrote:
> > On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:28:21 +0100
> > berenger.morel at neutralite.org wrote:
> >
> > > [snip]
> > [snip]
>
> Some people perhaps dislike to have a folder for everything, they
> perhaps prefer to have just a few folders and prefer to take care about
> the subject. For most mailing list it's common to have a
> "[foo_bar_mailing_list]" addition at the beginning of the subject.
>
> [D-community-offtopic] is added by
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic ,
> perhaps a little bit too long, but a [deb user] or [deb general] or
> [deb questions] for the international Debian user list IMO would be ok.

Ahh, forgot about that, fixed :)

As my ultimate goal for -offtopic is to have it hosted under
lists.debian.org I think it makes sense to keep the settings as close to
-user (and other Debian lists) as possible, considering that l.d.o runs
SmartList and alioth runs Mailman.

Besides, I don't like the tag >:)

Kind regards,
Andrei