Off-topic posting (was Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 21 18:02:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 15:05 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2014-05-21, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > Elis Regina & Tom Jobim- Waters of March (Portuguese version)
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3oNSFQVzNM&list=RDg3oNSFQVzNM#t=31
> >
> > Tom Jobim - The Girl from Ipanema (Portuguese version)
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJzBxJ8ExRk
> >

> With Frank:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8in1DeWdQ

:)

I dislike the mafia-musician Mr. Sinatra. However, in 1996 I'm mentioned
as recording assistant for the Tim Isfort Orchestra, performing with
Blixa Bargeld, Katharina Thalbach, Christian Brückner, who is the German
voice of Robert De Niro for most films and a few others. It's
interesting to record a huge band playing real instruments, but I
dislike that they mentioned me, I just was there, doing nothing. Tim's
compositions are based on Sinatra's orchestra sound. I absolutely
dislike this kind of music. In can't believe that Frank Sinatra and Tom
Jobim made music together :D. Anyway, even Mr. Sinatra (a musician I
dislike) is better than Pitbull (somebody who seemingly isn't a
musician). What happened to mainstream music in the last decades is a
shame. JFTR my generation (born in 1966) expect Mr. Zappa, when somebody
mentions "Frank" without a family name ;). Btw. IIRC Frank Oz had to do
with the original Blues Brothers film, where AFAIR The Girl from Ipanema
was performed as an elevator music version. Dark humor :D.