Iceweasel and DRM

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun May 25 06:20:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-05-25 at 18:01 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > I already needed to pay the due that is included to the price of empty
> > audio tapes, because there is the broad-brush assumption that people use
> > those tapes to make a copy.
>
> Is that documented anywhere.

It for sure is documented somewhere, but I'm to lazy to search for it
right now. In Germany it definitive is like that, in the past you could
see it if you compared the prices of a DDS tapes, with the prices of DAT
tapes. DDS tapes can be used with DAT recorders, but they were much
cheaper.

Btw. I found a thread about DVDs and CDs in German:
http://forum.golem.de/read.php?11,24708,24708

The GEMA, a German collecting society mafia get's money for empty DVDs
and CDs, because it's possible to burn music.