Germany and NSA (was: Assange and NSA)

Reco recoverym4n at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:30:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 06:52:55 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 21:05 +0400, Reco wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 May 2014 18:09:56 +0200
> > Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > > In Germany we are aware that the NSA does absolutely control German Internet nodes.
> >
> > And most American large enterprises are using SAP ERP (R/3), which is
> > made by Germany-based enterprise :)
> >
> > See - control works both ways.
>
> Two very different animals, > 50% of the world's biggest Internet node
> De-Cix in Frankfurt is owned by Cogent, Level 3 and other US companies.

Unsure about Level 3, but quick Google search shows that Cogent is
definitely using SAP.

And this is there the difference starts to blur: if Cogent does
something bad for Germany - at the same time they'll hurt their own
business as SAP won't be able (or don't want to) help them with their
product.

Never underestimate the power of properly sold ERP, it's a nuclear
landmine in disguise :)

Reco