Entangled monolith? [was: Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems]

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Nov 15 14:30:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 09:35:17PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> I've noticed that the languages people consider themselves most
> comfortable with tend to be congruent with certain aspects about their
> points of view on the world around them.

Or possibly it's the only one they started with which does the job for
them and so need to bother looking at others?

I've seen Python, and my understanding is that if you mess up the
indenting the programs buggered!! Not exactly robust. I knew it was
based on Monty Python¹ for a reason. :)

Perl is good, it lets you program at your level without being locked
into a certain style.

¹ Not derogatory against Monty Python in *any* way.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X