Entangled monolith? [was: Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems]

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 01:29:13 UTC 2014

(Sorry about double-pumping a couple of posts.)

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mi, 22 oct 14, 06:22:30, Joel Rees wrote:
>>
>> Ever seen a ball of yarn?
>
> Yep. Disentangled a few. Not a monolith. :)

Ever considered the molecular structure of obsidian, marble, or granite?

Pushing the metaphor a bit far, but then so is my question about yarn,
and so was your question about a monolith being entangled.

While I'm on the subject, diamond's hardness is derived in great part
from the interconnection between the crystals. But that's still not
really the kind of "hardness" we want in an init system.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself.