Entangled monolith? [was: Re: GR proposed re: choice of init systems]

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:50:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jo, 23 oct 14, 17:32:58, Joel Rees wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering, Andrei, about your declining to name a favorite or familiar
>> programming language.
>
> Declining? Doesn't that imply I have a favorite programming language?

Hmm.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/decline

doesn't really help. Perhaps "declining to name" might sound to some
like "evading the question", but that still doesn't require the reason
to be the existence of favorite or familiar language.

Not what I intended, although the question was deliberately phrased to
allow the possibility of lack of ostentation.

>> You say you've written some short scripts. Do any of
>> them have an on-line existence?
>
> I surely hope not, wouldn't want to inflict them on anyone else.

So, you aren't the Andrei Popescu associated with, among other things,

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/hvg/Isabelle/  ?

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself.