Creating a forum for systemd debate

Linux-Fan Ma_Sys.ma at web.de
Tue Sep 16 20:20:37 UTC 2014

On 09/16/2014 03:27 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 08:24:07PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>>> Precisely. Bugs and user difficulties produced by innumerable
>>> dependencies have nothing to do with Debian-Users, it's merely an
>>> interesting discussion for developers.
>> ISTM that such threads - with people who are actually using systemd
>> asking for
>> help with actual problem using systemd - are easiest spotted because
>> Michael
>> Beibl or Tollef contribute a useful answer. But such threads seem to
>> be less
>> than 1 in 10 of the systemd threads on this list, the remainder
>> decidedly not
>> fitting into the above categorisation.
>>
> That might better be framed as "1 in 10 POSTS in systemd threads"
>
> As far as I can tell, most systemd related thread start out with either:
> a. a question about systemd impact, or,
> b. a report of a problem or impact caused by systemd
> c. a question about how to avoid running systemd
>
> After, maybe a couple of direct responses, each thread then degenerates
> into
> c. general "discussion" of systemd, it's developers, etc.
>
> And then degenerates further, into
> d. arguments about whether systemd is a legitimate topic on this list.

[...]

There is one type to add which creates the largest and most fruitless
discussions:

Threads starting with
e. a link or statement about systemd without much comment which results
in much discussion because it is somehow "wrong".

In this (worst) case, it would be good to remember
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Linux-Fan

--
http://masysma.lima-city.de/