OT: Our clothing kills - [Fwd: Unsere Kleidung ist tödlich]

Reco recoverym4n at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:48:32 UTC 2015

 Hi.

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:02:26 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/22/2015 09:17 AM, Reco wrote:
> >   Hi.
> >
> > On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:44:11 +0100
> > Unknown Crewman <unknown.crewman at rocketship.com> wrote:

> >> I consider e.g. the following, including the downloads using the MIT access as smart:
> >> https://archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt
> >
> > And that lead to that story that caused Aaron Swartz to commit suicide,
> > isn't it? That's hardly a fine example of 'smart activism' thing,
> > considering the outcome IMO.
> >
> > It's a good example of 'usual activism', though. Activist is risking
> > everything, possibly including reputation and (in this case) - own life.
> > And the profit from the act of activism belongs to other unnamed persons
> > and organizations, as usual.
>
> You might check out the "Moral Monday" movement in north Carolina.
> People are going to jail as political resistance, Folks are putting
> themselves on the line in order to be heard. :) Ric

I did checked this. I have one question, as I'm living far from North
Carolina, and such details are hard to see from here.
Wikipedia article mentions that 'Members of the protest movement meet
Monday to protest n action by the North Carolina legislature and then
enter the legislature building. Once they enter, a number are
peacefully arrested each Monday'.

Apparently, one for the movement leaders is rev. William Barber. Did he
got arrested at least once? A wikipedia article only mentions trial in
which he apparently took part.

And, I have another question. I agree that those people are doing a good
thing, but how exactly their activism is smart, in your option?

Reco