Happy New Year! Was: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

Unknown Crewman unknown.crewman at rocketship.com
Sat Jan 3 14:16:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:22:57 -0500, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 12/30/2014 05:58 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Lu, 29 dec 14, 01:22:27, Ric Moore wrote:
> >>
> >> Can we not let this pitiful excuse for a thread JUST DIE?? :/ Ric
> >
> > Posting to it certainly won't help ;)
>
> There is that! Which is why I posted to offtopic where threads never
> die, they just "fade away", like an old soldier.
>
> Happy New Years to you sorry lot! <cackles> :) Ric

You might be right, I didn't follow this thread, OTOH we reached a
state where conformity of the communities is over individuality and
individuality usually is blamed with insults and Linux history is
rewritten, corrected to the new style, just one of the oddest
examples, there are tons of others too:

"Linux has never been about ‘choice’ or ‘freedom’ and those myths should
just die out.

Read:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html"
- http://allanmcrae.com/2014/12/pacman-4-2-released/#comment-1256

Actually I use Linux (kernel and user space software) because it at
least _was_ about manifoldness and libre (FLOSS).
                                           ^"L" is for libre

Regards and a Happy New Year!
Unknown Crewman, aka Ralf Mardorf

PS: There was a time when systemd checked some partitions with each
startup ;), again and again and again and ... :D.