How wide spread is Linux spyware?

Ralf unknown.crewman at rocketship.com
Fri Jul 10 09:16:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

wow, not only Ubuntu, but seemingly at least one *buntu flavour too does
use spyware.

Are there other distros, or some environments doing the same?
I know that e.g. atom-editor phones home by default and browsers tend to
do it too.

The original thread is archived here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-users/2015-July/008547.html

Begin forwarded message: