[D-m-team] debian-maintainers_1.11_i386.changes ACCEPTED

Joerg Jaspert joerg at debian.org
Wed Dec 19 08:06:22 UTC 2007

On 11238 March 1977, Debian Installer wrote:

>   * Added Debian maintainer Ian Beckwith. Closes: #456619

Is there a policy that one who advocates a DM doesn't go and add him to
the keyring too? Ie. having at least second pair of eyes look at it. If
not - can one be adopted please?

Like, in NM, if you are advocate for someone you are disallowed to also
be the AM. Something similar here (if you advocate you dont add to the
keyring) should be there, just to avoid possible "its his friend, so he
didnt look as hard as for others, booo" claims.

(Yes, I know that we have 2 other advocates for Ian. Just took him to
ask as I remembered Anibal advocating and then adding him.)

--
bye Joerg
< Maulkin> I am a scotsman