[D-m-team] Giving people time to react (Re: debian-maintainers_1.17_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue Jan 29 04:14:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:05:49PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 04:35:53PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > I'm all for adding Adam to the DM keyring, but as a general rule, I'd
> > like the following rule to be added to the DM policies:
> > * Between the DM's application on the debian-newmaint list, or the
> >   filing of the respective bug on the debian-maintainers package
> >   (whatever is earlier), a full week should pass before a
> >   debian-maintainer package is uploaded that adds this applicant's
> >   key.
> So far we've not done that and not had any problems -- the only person
> that has been added and then had objections was removed before they had
> the opportunity to upload. Adding delays to solve problems that don't
> exist isn't a good idea; and every DM that does get added is advocated
> by a DD already.

To add to that: I was thinking of the same sort of thing, mostly for
the purpose of making sure all the advocacy that appears is included in
the changeset that goes into the package; it seems a shame for some of
those mails to get lost in the archives.

But when we've had so many problems with arbitrary delays before, I'm
loathe to add one here.

Cheers,
aj