[Daca-general] DACA update

Raphael Geissert geissert at debian.org
Sun Jan 2 05:19:50 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for subscribing!

I would like to apologise for not replying (yet) to many of the (public and
private) emails I've received. I will try to catch up during the next couple
of days.

Updates:
* Both mailing lists are now available at GMANE for those who prefer to use
newsreaders for mailing lists. Look for gmane.linux.debian.daca.
{devel,general}

* Thanks to the extra CPU contributed cppcheck has finally finished checking sid
and is keeping up with the current updates ratio. I've started a low priority
run of cppcheck on experimental and will start pushing the results soon.

* Most of the code used for DACA is now available. Only some makefiles and
auxiliary files are missing from the git repository available at the Alioth
project. A general code cleanup and refactorisation is needed but my priority
right now is making the hosts use the code from the repository (they are
independent copies right now.)

* Some documentation is available now. I took a few minutes and wrote some
guidelines at http://qa.debian.org/daca/howto.html If you are interested in
contributing please read it (pay especial attention at the note at the top of
the page.)

* More tools available! the results from ohcount (sid) and pyflakes (sid/i386)
are now available. Please check the main DACA web page for details.

* Help is needed. Please take a look at http://qa.debian.org/daca/howto.html
There are plenty of things to do and lots more that can be done, let your
imagination free.

FTR: If you want a few sample results files just replace .html with the
extension mentioned on the report page (.dsc or .deb.) If you would like to
have a copy of all of the results I can arrange something so that there's no
need to hit the server with thousands of requests.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer