[Daca-general] undertaker and DACA

Christoph Egger christoph at debian.org
Thu Jan 27 21:38:14 UTC 2011

Hi!

Raphael Geissert <geissert at debian.org> writes:
> I was reading about VAMOS and the undertaker (thanks to Julia for bringing it
> to my attention) and was wondering how could Debian use it.
>
> From what I understand, the main check now is detecting dead code based on
> configuration models.

    The undertaker can also be run without configuration model and will
find logically dead code then in cases like

#if A
 #if A
  // a
 #else
  // !a
 #endif
#endif

> Does that mean there's no benefit from using it unless a per-software project
> model is written? or can it detect impossible cases such as [1]?

    There needs to be a transfoprmation program parsing the non-code
model and generating the model files. This is currently only implemented
for the new kconfig.

> [1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/cppcheck/ticket/1467

    However there's no support for #define especially conditional
#define like the one in this bug report.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer

Q. Why is top posting bad?