[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: new mailing list for db apps [was: Re: RFC: common database policy/infrastracture]

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:42:38 +0100

> >>so, i think what would work best would be to
> >>give you the means to grant those extra privileges easily.
> >Well, no. IMO dbconfig-common would need to be postgres, create
> >the user "gm-dbowner", grant create-db and create-user to
> >gm-dbowner, and create the database "gnumed" such that it
> >belongs to gm-dbowner. Only *then* it should run the
> >bootstrapping script provided by GnuMed ...
> I think I will go definitely this way.  The question is whether this
> kind of feature is necessary for dbconfig-common.  It might be some
> special thing and perhaps overkill for our common framework in the
> first place.  On the other hand it might be quite handy for others
> to notice this feature, because I think it is a quite secure way to
> handle data bases.
Well, it seems to me this is best practice ?

> Just for my personal understanding.  Do we need an extra cleanup script in
> addition to removing the whole databae?
For removing additional users, perhaps.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346