[Dbconfig-common-devel] missing update mail

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:41:45 -0500

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

sorry folks, looks like the execute bit wasn't firmly
attached to the syncmail script, and the last update i did
didn't make it to the list.  anyway, here's the short and
skinny from the changelog:

dbconfig-common (0.9) experimental; urgency=3Dlow

  * we now support for packages that support multiple underlying
    database types, such as webapps that use db-independant code.
    see documentation for details.
  * postgres support upgraded from "initial" to "basic".  all the
    basic operations (install, upgrade, remove) work on a default
    debian postgres installation running on the same machine.  pretty
    much everything else still doesn't
  * error code is now more consolidated, providing more information
    to the user, and generally more robust.  there's still plenty of
    room for improvement.
  * we no longer default to keeping admin and app passwords stored
    in debconf.  by default they're removed after they're no longer
    needed by the postinst.  this can be overridden via a global config
    setting, though they're never stored in a config file.
  * the dbpass setting is no longer stored in the per-package config.
  * prompting for the admin and user passwords is now consolidated
    into two functions, which should help prevent code duplication
    in future situations where we need to ask for the information
    again (errors, include-file generators).
  * initial version of dbconfig-generate-include, for taking db
    configuration to generate code scriptlets (php, perl, et c) with
    the db configuration needed to use the database.=20

 -- sean finney <seanius@debian.org>  Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:25:58 -0800

i'm hitting up the documentation to reflect all of this, after which
i'll make a new upload for this version to experimental next week.

	sean

--=20

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--