[Dbconfig-common-devel] Trouble with defaults

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:32:03 -0400

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

hey tobias,

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 10:04:59PM +0200, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> Maybe the defaults should be taken into account by dbconfig-load-include
> somehow? For now I have fixed this in read-config.pl.

that's a good point.  i see three options:

- do nothing.  this is the easiest :)
- export the variables into the environment.  not too hard to do,
  but also means the load script has to search the environment.
- export the variables as global variables in the script.  trickier
  to do but nicer for the script-writer.

personally, i like the third option best, though it's the most work.
i probably won't have time to work on it any time soon, but i'll put it
in the TODO file so we can at least know it's in the plan...

	sean

--=20

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk--