[Dbconfig-common-devel] First test with dbconfig_load_include

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Sat, 21 May 2005 12:14:22 -0400

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

hey tobias,

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 01:11:57PM +0200, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> I've just tested the new dbconfig_load_include functions. The  first
> thing I noticed, was, that the documentation talks about dbconfig_*
> variables, but this is actually dbc_*.

oops, this should be fixed.  i've also made a slightly better effort
at documenting this part too.

> Please note, that read-config.pl isn't the real config file. It just
> reads an ini-File and puts the DB-Settings into the db* -variables used
> by dbc.

that's pretty cool.  i actually meant to more =E6ctively support such a
method (calling a script instead of just including a file) in the next
attempt, but looks like you've already found a way to do so :)  i'm
also going to add a more general "exec" method to make this even
easier.

> read-config.pl is installed the first time with 0.33-1. This means, that
> if config is invoked, the file read-config.pl doesn't exists yet. That's
> why dbc still asks me for the application password, I think.

yeah, i think that's what's going on.  i'll see about making the config
function not run in such a situation, because it will run again at
postinst time anyway.

> But besides this unnecessary app-pass dialog, the upgrade from an old
> non-dbc package works pretty well. I haven't encountered any other
> problems yet.

great.  keep us posted :)

	sean

--=20