[Dbconfig-common-devel] dbconfig and default values

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Tue Apr 11 12:25:19 UTC 2006

hi radu,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 03:15:45PM +0300, Radu Spineanu wrote:
> In case someone is interested, this seems to be a working solution:

> if [ "$1" = "configure" ] && [ -z "$2" ]; then
>     db_set simba/remote/host "localhost"
>     db_set simba/remote/port "3306"
> fi
>
> dbc_go simba $@

okay, this works for now, anyway.  looking back through my notes i don't
think i ever fully implemented the "default for unset" values in a
usable way.  i still think that having such a feature is the way
to go and will probably do something to this extent at some point.

keep in mind that i don't make any guarantees on a stable namespace
for debconf questions, and i have in the past moved them around a bit.
i will promise, however, that i will provide a solution for your problem
before doing so again :)

also, in the not-too-distant-future i'll be adding multi-instance support
to dbconfig-common, and this will probably not work with that, as each
instance will have its subtree of the same templates.  you're likely
to have a real solution for your problem long before this is done though :)

	sean