[Dbconfig-common-devel] force value using dbc_generate_include and template

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 08:54:51 UTC 2006

hi sean,

> is your problem that the user has not specified a host, so the result
> is that the host setting in the file made by dbc-generate-include
> is blank?   i've been having this problem too, and unfortunately
> i don't think there's a straightforward way to do this.
>
> the good news is that i don't think it would be too hard to make
> this behavior possible/default though.  i can see two ways of doing
> this:
>
> 1 - make the debconf selections for these questions have a default
>     value, or otherwise make the blank answer result in the default
>     value.
> 2 - provide cmdline options to d-g-i to specify that default(blank) values
>     should be overridden to be specific things... like
>     --default-host=localhost  or something
>
> i think option 1 is probably the best.  what do you think?

yes, it will do the trick :) i'm not a debconf guru and will try to do that.

> if my interpretation of your question is correct, it wouldn't be too hard
> to throw this together.

interpretation is fully correct. Some system can have a broken hosts file so
in local installation case webapps doesn't work.

> would you be willing to test something in the next few days ?

yes, i finished vtigercrm ITP using dbconfig and trying to implement webapps
policy draft with the help of neil (mc govern ;) ).

i've done also an ITA on spip and i will use this facility too.

thanks for the help

cheers,

Fathi