[Dbconfig-common-devel] problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Sun Jul 30 16:14:30 UTC 2006

hi torsten,

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 09:05:30PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> and the installation seems to fail. The postgres (8.1) user 'otrs2' is
> created and the *empty* (!) database too. I see an error in the
> postgres log:
>
> FATAL:  Ident-Authentifizierung für Benutzer »otrs2« fehlgeschlagen

does your otrs2 package also create a system user named otrs2?  i think
what may be happening is that the automagic authentication type deciding
code sees the user and thinks it should su to the user before
connecting, when perhaps it shouldn't be.  you might be able to hint
dbc to not do that by setting dbc_authmethod_user to "password"
in the config script before calling dbc_go.

if i have some free time this afternoon (GMT-8:00) i'll take a look
at your package.

	sean