[Dbconfig-common-devel] postgresql server and .pgpass

Martin Pitt mpitt at debian.org
Fri May 12 15:38:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

sean finney [2006-05-12 10:53 -0400]:
> > > - can you suggest another way of providing this information?
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html
>
> aha... that would be perfect.

PGPASSFILE, great! :)

> > So, a back-patch for 8.0.x only would be in order, I suppose.
>
> martin: what do you think the chances are of that being acceptable?

Zero, because postgresql-8.0 was removed from Sid recently. If the
patch is nonintrusive (shouldn't be), you can certainly talk me into
porting it to 7.4, though, if you need. :)

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?