[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: Help: Skript is not called

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Thu Mar 8 19:06:54 CET 2007

hey andreas,

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 22:01 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I tried to fix the problem with the wrongly mentioned scripts
> but this does unfortunately not solve my original problem.  I
> reuploaded the package in question to
>
>       http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed-server/
>
> with the fixed scripts but there is no evidence, that the install
> script is called.

i just took a look at it, and did the following:

- removed the preinst script since it's not necessary
- removed the Dependency on gnumed-common so i could install it
- put a "set -x" just before calling dbc_go in the postinst
- put a "set +x" just after the dbc_go call
- installed it

and i see that it indeed tried to run the script, buried  deep within
the log below:

+ dbc_logpart 'populating database via scriptfile... '
+ echo -ne 'populating database via scriptfile...  '
populating database via scriptfile...  + '[' 'creating postgres user
gnumedserve rcommon:   success. verifying creation of user: success.
creating database gnume dservercommon: success. verifying database
gnumedservercommon exists: success.' ']'
+ dbc_log='creating postgres user gnumedservercommon:   success.
verifying creat ion of user: success. creating database
gnumedservercommon: success. verifying d atabase gnumedservercommon
exists: success. populating database via scriptfile.. . '
+ sh -c
'/usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql g
numed-server-common configure'
sh: /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql: Permi ssion denied
+
dbc_error='/usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgs ql exited with non-zero status'
+ dbc_install_error 'populating database'
+ echo 'error encountered populating database:'
error encountered populating database:
+
echo /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql exi ted with non-zero status
/usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql
exited wit h non-zero status
+ db_fset gnumed-server-common/install-error seen false

so maybe removing the preinst and setting the executable bit on the file
will  fix the problem?

	sean