[Dbconfig-common-devel] How to create just the DB user, with CREATEDB privileges

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Mon Jun 23 06:10:05 UTC 2008

hi niccolo,

On Saturday 21 June 2008 12:27:08 am Niccolo Rigacci wrote:
> The existing web setup requires just a DB user with CREATEDB
> privileges. Two or more DBs are be created by the web procedure.

> I cannot figure out how to use dbconfig-common to create just
> the user and not the DB.

i don't think this use case has been found before :)

> It seems also impossible to pass extra arguments to the CREATE
> USER statement.

currently, i don't believe it is possible.  there might be an ugly way to
force this by using the install-admin hooks and running the create user
command yourself, but then you still end up with an extra user/db that you
don't need and would confuse things.  better would be to report a bug with
these feature requests for evaluation.

	sean