[Dbconfig-common-devel] dynamic list of supported database types

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Thu Mar 20 21:58:31 UTC 2008

hiya,

On Thursday 20 March 2008 09:19:45 pm Niko Tyni wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 04:51:28PM +0100, sean finney wrote:
> > > Barring surprises in .config script execution order (which is what the
> > > debian-mentors post was about), this seems to work. If the .config
> > > script of request-tracker3.6 somehow does get run before the rt3.6-db-*
> > > ones, I can always defer the configuration to postinst time.
> >
> > why not call the dbc stuff diretly from the rt3.6-db-* packages?
>
> The actual database setup is done by a Perl script that abstracts
> the DB interface through RT's internal modules (currently in the
> request-tracker3.6 package.) The database contents depend on other
> request-tracker3.6 configuration items (like the name of the RT
> installation etc.)
>
> This would imply a circular dependency: request-tracker3.6

ah, okay.  then i guess what you propose seems reasonable.  you can also
ensure that the config script runs first by testing for an empty value (or
using a second debconf value purely for this), and have the config script
exit out early if it's not found (and then as you suggest it will get
processed the second time as part of the postinst-invoked config)

	sean