[Dbconfig-common-devel] Using Database Information In Config Files

Daniel Watkins daniel.watkins at credativ.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 16:21:53 UTC 2008

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the response, it's been helpful.

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 18:00 +0100, sean finney wrote:
> hi daniel,
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 04:49:11PM +0000, Daniel Watkins wrote:
> > However, I'm struggling to get my head around dbconfig-common.  In
> > particular, FreePBX requires that various database settings are included
> > in `/etc/amportal.conf'.  The documentation hints at this being
> > possible[0], but I can't quite work out how to do it.  Could someone
> > guide me through the steps to do this (assuming, of course, that it is
> > possible)?
>
> yes, that should be possible.  along with the previously mentioned link (both
> 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are relevant for you i think), take a look at the maintainer
> scripts in some of the example packages provided in
> /usr/share/doc/dbconfig-common.  you'll also want to look at the manpages
> for dbconfig-generate-include and dbconfig-load-include.
Excellent, this has got me most of the way.  I'm intending to use the
template format to generate the configuration file.  However, FreePBX
can support multiple database engines, and I haven't found a way to
substitute the database engine into the config file.  Is there something
like _DBC_DBTYPE_?

Thanks,

Dan
--
credativ ltd         UK office:  +44 1788 298150
PO Box 3868          Direct ext: +44 1788 298152
Rugby                Email:      daniel.watkins at credativ.co.uk
CV21 3WW             Web:        http://www.credativ.co.uk/

credativ limited is registered in England & Wales, company no. 5261743
registered office: Suite 2 Bloxam Court, Corporation Street, Rugby CV21
2DU