[Dbconfig-common-devel] Policy for database administrator

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Thu Jun 18 07:48:05 UTC 2009

hi daniel,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 09:10:42AM +0200, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> I'm figuring some troubles installing an application using mysql
> (ocsinventory-server).
>
> The problem is that I have setup a random root password using pwgen and
> "mysql --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf".
>
> Is there any solution for dbconfig-common to use it for local databases?

i'm not sure i understand the problem.  dbconfig-common should prompt the
user for the root password.  if the root password has changed, dbconfig-common
should notice the failure with the old password (if it's stored in debconf)
and prompt for a new password.  or at least that's the desired behavior.  what
problem are you having exactly?

	sean