[Dbconfig-common-devel] Policy for database administrator

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Thu Jun 18 10:38:43 UTC 2009

Le 5769 Septembre 1993, Daniel Dehennin a envoyé:
>> what problem are you having exactly?
>
> My problem is installing an application without user interraction when
> the mysql root password is random and not stored.
>
> I get an error when populating the database:
> I get an error when populating the database:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
> Retry does not prompt me for a new password if debconf priority is not
> sufficiently low.

Another problem is that the mysql root password is stored for my
application in "ocsinventory-server ocsinventory-server/mysql/admin-pass".

If I change the root password and store it in "dbconfig-common
dbconfig-common/mysql/admin-pass" (using debconf-set-selections), when I
purge the package (with
"ocsinventory-server ocsinventory-server/dbconfig-remove boolean true" and
"ocsinventory-server ocsinventory-server/purge boolean true"), then the
remove fail due to wrong password.

Regards.
--
Daniel Dehennin