[Dbconfig-common-devel] RE : package that must not manage a database butcan write on it

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Fri Feb 12 07:35:09 UTC 2010

Hello

Can I play with thoses variables when the dbc_frontend=yes before calling dbc_go
in the postinst to execute a dbc_sqlexec_cmd even in frontend mode ?

       # but if this is a frontend-only app, reset some of the above to noops
        if [ "$dbc_frontend" ]; then
                dbc_createuser_cmd=true
                dbc_checkuser_cmd=true
                dbc_createdb_cmd=true
                dbc_dropdb_cmd=true
                dbc_dropuser_cmd=true
-                dbc_sqlexec_cmd=true
-                dbc_sqlfile_cmd=true
+               dbc_sqlexec_cmd='dbc_mysql_exec_command'
+               dbc_sqlfile_cmd='dbc_mysql_exec_file'
                dbc_sqlfile_cmd=true
                dbc_dump_cmd=true
        fi

inded I will set thoses variable in the postinst file not in the common file :)

that way I will have a frontend comportment but with an sqlexec_cmd during the installation of the package.

thanks

Frederic