[Dbconfig-common-devel] Difficult/partial upgrade

Vincent Bernat bernat at debian.org
Sun Feb 20 21:01:18 UTC 2011

OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du dimanche 20 février 2011, vers 17:23,
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net> disait :

> Hm, why not simply DROP the offending INDEXe before
> (re)-creating them and ignoring errors on the drop ?

> After all, the worst that might happen is that while the
> INDEXs are briefly unavailable some queries would run slower
> than normal ...

Unfortunately, I have  to deal with partial upgrades as  well. If a user
already upgraded to  0.5-1 and had a problems  with indexes, some tables
may not have been created. I need  to create them. I have no easy way to
determine if the previous upgrade was successful or not.
--
#if 0
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c