[Dbconfig-common-devel] Disable database management

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 18:19:02 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

On 26-04-16 10:46, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> As a sysadmin I would like to avoid dbconfig-common to run when
> installing a package via puppet.

Easiest way: install dbconfig-no-thanks (available in sid,
testing/strech and jessie-backports). But you didn't tell us which
version of Debian you are running.

> The only thing I found is an openstack documentation[1] to preseed
> dbconfig-common, not by using debconf-set-selections but by creating a
> file in /etc/dbconfig-common/.

Nowadays, (since version 1.8.48), you can use debconf-set-selections, so
again, this depends on which version you run.

> Should I create a file /etc/dbconfig-common/<package>.conf as explained,
> but with the following content?
>
>     dbc_install=false'
>     dbc_upgrade=false'
>     dbc_remove='false'

I expect that works, yes. If not, you will need to declare the other
dbc_* parameters as well.

Paul