[Dbd-firebird-devel] Segfault in DBD::Firebird

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Fri Jul 6 06:55:33 UTC 2012

[Cc-ing upstream list]

-=| Nicholas Bamber, 05.07.2012 08:20:55 +0100 |=-
> On 05/07/12 08:07, x.guimard at free.fr wrote:

I took some time to investigate. The bug is old, as old as ever and is
present in all releases. It is triggered when you a) use AutoCommit=1,
b) start a "fetching" (e.g. select) statement, and c) execute a schema
manipulation statement via do() before finishing the fetching
statement.

Version 1.0 breaks because it includes a test for this exact situation
and since the bug wasn't really addressed, the test fails.

I found uncommitted changes in my upstream tree targeted at fixing the
issue, but these are a) invasive and b) not ready yet. So I'd
recommend simply skipping the test file for the 1.0 package. Marking
the individual test TODO won't work as the thing segfaults.

Firebird version has nothing to do with this.

Cheers!