[Dbd-firebird-devel] How To Build on OS X?

David E. Wheeler david at justatheory.com
Fri Nov 8 22:32:39 UTC 2013

Hi There,

Ștefan Suciu has been working on a patch for [Sqitch] that adds Firebird support. He’s about done, so I wanted to test it. I installed FirebirdSS-2.5.2-26540-0-x86_64 on my Mac (10.9 “Mavericks”) and tried to build DBD::Firebird. Alas, it can’t find the framework:

      Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::Firebird ()
      chmod 644 Firebird.bs
      rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Firebird/Firebird.bundle
      env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc  -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector -framework Firebird  Firebird.o dbdimp.o  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Firebird/Firebird.bundle 	\
      	     	\

      ld: framework not found Firebird
      make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBD/Firebird/Firebird.bundle] Error 1

My Google-foo fails me. Any suggestions? Am I missing a library or something?

Complete build output attached.

Thanks,

David