[Dctrl-tools-devel] I'll get it right eventually

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.fi
Mon Dec 10 08:34:14 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 10:38:55PM -0500, Jon Bernard wrote:
> Sorry about all the patches, the last on there is the final version. I
> seem to have stumbled upon a but in git-format-patch in debian, it adds
> the commit log directly after the mail header, so the "Closes:" line was
> rolled into the mail header instead of being part of the body...

I don't think it's a bug (unless it's in documentation).  The preferred
commit log format in git (assumed by git-format-patch et al) is

   a single short (less than 50 character) line summarizing the change,
   followed by a blank line and then a more thorough description

(http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#creating-good-commit-messages)

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/