[Dctrl-tools-devel] Splitting out upstream, perhaps?

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.fi
Tue Jun 19 20:15:22 UTC 2012

I've been thinking of splitting off dctrl-tools upstream from the Debian
packaging.  From the beginning dctrl-tools has been a native package, but I've
always hoped dctrl-tools had wider applicability (and I'm currently using it in
my doctoral work for something totally unrelated to Debian).

The idea is, the basic programs would be upstream territory, and the Debian
flavouring (such as grep-available) would be left in the Debian packaging.

Any thoughts, anyone?

And a question: how do translation updates work in upstream development,
generally?  I've never had to deal with that so far.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/