[Deb-imgs-gen-devel] Development

Julian Andres Klode jak at jak-linux.org
Tue Sep 4 16:40:35 UTC 2007

I am currently developing a similar program, called debimg.

The first version will work in the way dcdmake
[https://launchpad.net/dcdmake] works. It creates
one disc with installer and packages, and can also add preseed files.

I would like to continue the development of deb-imgs-gen, and merge
some parts with my own program.
I would prefer a decentralized VCS like Git or Bzr for this.

A few changes that would be made:
 - Remove as most task files as possible and calculate
   the lists during the build.
 - Use dependency resolver from python-apt
 - Recreate README files, to not need external program calls (cpp)

Goals:
 - No external program calls, except for genisoimage
 - Fast, Stable, Secure, Easy, Small

Future Stuff:
 - Graphical User Interface(s) / Web Interface

debimg has more configuration options, like multiple mirrors
with custom mirror definitions. I attached an example.
--
Julian Andres Klode

IRC Nickname:   juliank (Debian/OFTC + Freenode, GimpNet)
Fellow of FSFE: https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/jak (No. 1049)
Debian Wiki:    http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode
Ubuntu Wiki:    http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JulianAndresKlode
In Launchpad:   https://launchpad.net/~juliank
My packages:  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jak@jak-linux.org
Languages:      German, English, [bit French]