[Deb-scipy-devel] Re: New SciPy release, Numpy and matplotlib

Marco Presi zufus at zufus.org
Tue Feb 14 13:31:26 UTC 2006

 || On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:06:59 +0100
 || Matthias Klose <doko at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

	mk> - please move the extensions in it's own package, having the core
	mk>   depend on lapack/refblas seems unnecessary.

	mk> - docs should stay in /usr/share/doc, not inside the module

	mk> - are the distuilts parts really needed? maybe split them and the
	mk>   header files out in a -dev package?

        Of course, I am aware of these problems. As I wrote, I only did
        the pkg in that way to have numpy to compile scipy. I will fix
        it asap.

        Now I would like to discuss about how to split packages and
        manage relationships (conflicts, dependencies,..); we can
        take care of installing files in correct location and respect
        the policy later.

	mk> - should f2py be in it's own package?

        This is a good point. It was a separate package.. are there
        reasons to keep it separate or we can keep it inside numpy?

	mk> Is cdbs really a help, if you have to move around much stuff like
	mk> that?

        I only used it to make the package quickly. I don't know other
        ways to make a package that builds and install (even if made in
        the wrong way) in 5 minutes.

	mk>   Matthias

	mk> PS: My messages to the scipy list seem to be blocked.

        Alex will correct this.

        Regards

        Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989