[Deb-scipy-devel] Updates for numpy

Marco Presi zufus at zufus.org
Fri Sep 1 16:33:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

        as you probably are aware, numpy changed C-API since version
        1.0b2[1]. This requires to rebuild scipy. A new Matplotlib version
        (0.87.5, compatible with the new numpy API) will be released after numpy
        1.0b5 (this should happen during this week-end).

        Numpy packges are in sync with upstream (1.0b4) on our
        repository.

        I am going to upload numpy 1.0b5 with a conflict against current
        mpl and scipy versions. After it enters the archives scipy can
        be uploaded to be rebuilt against numpy 1.0b5.

        The same olds for matplotlib as soon as Vittorio will prepare
        matplotlib-0.87.5

        I am not aware of other applications that depend on numpy.

        Ciao Ciao

        Marco

P.S: Vittorio, a matplotlib version compatible with the new numpy API is
already in mpl svn repository.

[1] http://www.scipy.org/ReleaseNotes/NumPy_1.0

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989