[Deb-scipy-devel] New numpy release

Marco Presi zufus at zufus.org
Mon Sep 11 21:09:03 UTC 2006

 || On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:03:45 +0200
 || "Gudjon I. Gudjonsson" <gudjon at mc2.chalmers.se> wrote:

	gig> Hi again
	gig>    I have to change my previous claims. There is nothing wrong with the
	gig> building process but the following dependencies should be added
	gig> Build depends
	gig> swig, libumfpack4-dev (but not libufsparse-dev )
	gig> Package depends
	gig> libumfpack4
	gig> Sorry, libumfpack4 was not installed on my computer previously.
	gig> But libumfpack4 unfortunately conflicts with libufsparse  that octave2.9
	gig> depends on.  I would really like to have octave 2.9 installed as well. Is
	gig> there any way around this?

        It seems to me that libufsparse contains also the umfpack
        stuff. Is there a specific reason to depend on libumfpack
        instead of libufsparse?

        Thanks for pointing this out.

        Regards

        Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989