[Deb-scipy-devel] scipy orphaning

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Tue Aug 28 11:28:25 UTC 2007

> Please go forward. Personnal problems have prevented me from working on
> the package last weekend as I intended to. Have you seen the release of
> 0.5.2.1 ?
>
> > If you agree, I'll do it, prepare it for upload and send to this list
> > a note so that you agree with my changes and then I'll ask my sponsor
> > for uploading it.
>
> Go forward. I personnally have no objection if you want to completely
> take over the maintainership of the package, as my time available for
> Debian is quite scarce these days. I can act as an alternative sponsor
> if your usual sponsor gets unavailable.

Perfect. The package is in:

svn+ssh://certik-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/scipy/trunk

You need to download the 0.5.2.1 version, put it in ../tarballs/ and
issue svn-buildpackage to build the package. It builds in pbuilder, so
it can be uploaded (I'll ask my regular sponsor). I removed most of
the patches, since they are fixed upstream. There are still some
lintian warnings though, but apart from that, the package should be
ready. Please let me know, if you have some suggestions. If not, I'll
have the package uploaded after some more polishing.

Ondrej