[Deb-scipy-devel] bringing python-numpy into DPMT

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Fri Nov 30 11:46:10 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 12:14 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
> > afaik, there was a separate repository, but I'm unable to find it now
> > ... http://alioth.debian.org/projects/deb-scipy/ doesn't have one.
>

> The package should have the fields:
>
> Vcs-Svn:
> Vcs-Browser:
>
> set up correctly. I think DPMT is the right place for this package, so
> that we can easily collaborate on it.

So the current svn is here:

XS-Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/python-modules/packages/numpy/trunk
XS-Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages/numpy/trunk/

I fixed those fields, applied the patch from the FTBFS bug, so that
the package builds. Now the numpy-dev problem needs to be fixed, then
the following problems need to be fixed:

$ lintian python-numpy_1.0.3-2_i386.changes
W: python-numpy source: substvar-source-version-is-deprecated python-numpy
W: python-numpy source: substvar-source-version-is-deprecated python-numpy-dbg
W: python-numpy source: substvar-source-version-is-deprecated python-numpy-ext
W: python-numpy-ext: extended-description-line-too-long
E: python-numpy-dbg: description-too-long
W: python-numpy: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/f2py2.4-dbg
W: python-numpy: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/f2py2.5-dbg

$ linda python-numpy_1.0.3-2_i386.changes
E: python-numpy; No manual page for binary f2py2.4.
E: python-numpy; No manual page for binary f2py2.4-dbg.
E: python-numpy; No manual page for binary f2py2.5.
E: python-numpy; No manual page for binary f2py2.5-dbg.
W: python-numpy; Image file
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/testdata.fits is
installed into /usr/lib.
W: python-numpy; Image file
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/tests/testdata.fits is
installed into /usr/lib.
W: python-numpy-dbg; Description field is longer than 80 characters.
W: python-numpy-doc; This package ends in -doc, or -docs, and isn't in
Section: doc

Anyone please feel free to fix the rest of the problems in the svn.
And the maintainers please let me know, if you are ok with bringing
the package to DPMT.

Ondrej