Infrastructure for meta-distribution projects

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:27:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> I'm not convinced tying menus to groups is the Right Way.  Custom menus is
> a preference/role/skill level thing, not a permission thing, so to tie it to
> a group seems to be a perversion of what groups are for.  So that leaves
> "maybe other features" and I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to
> it.
You are perfectly right here - as we discussed before.  But I see no other
solution for the moment and so I decided to stay with this as long as we have
no better way to organize this.

> Well, you can use aptitude to browse the task dependencies and install each
> meta package individually.
Or even other tools.  A (not complete) overview can be found in my talk at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/talks/200303_chem_int/index_en.html

Kind regards

       Andreas.