UPDATE.

Mr. James Akpan jamesakpan@latinmail.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:37:12 +0200

Mr=2E James Akpan
Alhaji shehu shagari
way zone II Garki
Abuja=2E

Dear Friend=2C
                   RE=3AUPDATE=2E

We are making this contact with you based on the
reliable information available to us concerning your
reputation=2E

The information is so positive as to convince us that
you would be capable to provide us with a solution to
a money transfer of twenty million=2C five hundred
thousand United States Dollars =28US$20=2C500=2C000=2E00=29=2E

We are members of a special committee set up for the
review and award of contracts by the department of
Petroleum and Mineral Resources=2E

Our status ranks from ministerial post down to
Directors-General=2EThis Committee is principally
mandated by the new Civilian Government to
review the bogus and the over-inflated contracts
awarded since 1993 to May=2C1999=2C under the regimes of
the former heads of state of Nigeria -Late General
Sani Abacha who died in office in June=2C 1998 and his
successor General Abdulsalam Abubakar who relinquished
power in May=2C 1999=2E

In the course of our duty=2C we have so far been able to
recover about US$135=2C000=2C000=2E00 =28One Hundred and
Thirty-five Million United States Dollars=29 out of
which we have used our good offices to set aside the
sum of US$20=2C500=2C000=2E00 for our utilization=2E

However as civil servants=2C our code of conduct
strictly prohibits us from operating or running a
foreign account=2C hence we decided to contact you and
ask For your assistance=2E

Together with some of the top officials of the
Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation =28NNPC=29=2C and
the Federal Ministry of finance=2C we plan to transfer
this amount of money into an oversea account by
awarding a non existent contract from our parastatal
=28NNPC=29 to you=2C to perfect the transfer=2E

What we need from you=2C is to provide a very vital
account into which the funds will be transferred=2E The
trust reposed on you at this juncture is
enormous=2E

In return=2C we have agreed to offer you 25% of the
transferred sum=2C while 5% shall be set
aside for incidental expenses=2E

You must however note that this transaction is subject
to the following terms and conditions=3A Our conviction
of your honesty and diligence That you would treat
this transaction with utmost secrecy and
confidentiality=2C That the funds would be transferred to
an interest bearing account where the incidence of
taxation would not exert a heavy toll=2E

I would like to assure you that I have carefully and
painstakingly made all arrangement to ensure
actualization of this transaction which will
be concluded within a few working days of the
necessary information and details=2E

The nature of our communication is of utmost
importance hence you may reach me via my above
telephone number=2E

Yours faithfully=2C
Mr=2E James Akpan
Hon=2EChairman =2E