Where to send tag patches?

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Tue, 18 May 2004 23:34:28 -0300

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

Hello,

I've been working on debtags-edit, a prototype tagging application,
which is turning out quite cool.  It's already able to read the system
debtags database, edit it and save a tag patch.

I'm planning to implement a "submit changes" function, which submits to
us the tag patch file with the user changes to the archives.

I'd like to discuss with you (especially Erich) how to implement this.

My first idea is to send an e-mail with the tag patch to some e-mail
address we can set up.  Would it work?

In that case, what e-mail should be use?

It seems sensible to use some special e-mail address, so that we can
re-route patches to wherever we want without changing the hardcoded
e-mail address in the program; where can we create that address?

In the meantime, you can have a look at the prototype at:
  http://zini.ddts.net/enrico/store/debtags-edit-0.1.tar.gz

The program is simple: you can search packages by maintainer, name,
fulltext =E0 la apt-cache search and tags; select a package among the ones
found; see the full package data; edit tags.  As a bonus, you can also
see the related packages.

Don't forget to save the changes (I plan to autosave on exit).  The
saved patch is in ~/.debtags-edit/patch .

Ciao,

Enrico

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--