Where to send tag patches?

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Fri, 21 May 2004 15:45:58 +0200

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:45:17PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > Ignore beginning
> > ============  (sequence of 2 or plus '=')
> > <tag patch>
> > ============  (sequence of 2 or plus '=')
> > Ignore end
> This is dangerous i fear: some MTA might wrap lines with >80 chars,
> which will be a common case.
> I'd prefer a real MIME::Parser solution.

It makes sense.

If you can please create the alias (debtags-edit?  debtags-submit?  I
wouldn't use "debtags" alone: it smells as too generic for me), I can
then send you some test submits to see which works best.  You don't need
to actually parse them: just to tell me when it looks ok.

I'd like to upload a version od debtags-edit in unstable with the submit
function working.  IT'll take a while before it's used, as debtags-edit
will need time to be accepted by ftp-masters.  Even then, submissions
can just be enqueued until you have time to setup a script to process
them.  The point in that, is that the burst of work done while people
try out the new toy isn't getting lost.

I'm also planning to implement a "create new tag" option which creatse a
vocabulary patch; in that case, however, I'm considering submitting new
vocabulary entries to this mailing list, so that we can discuss them.
Would that be ok?

Ciao,

Enrico