Where to send tag patches?

Michael Vogt mvogt@acm.org
Sun, 23 May 2004 23:06:45 +0200

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 08:19:14PM +0200, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> > BTW, in the meantime I'm considering splitting the backend search code
> > from debtags-edit into a libdebtags library which can wrap libtagcoll
> > and libapt-pkg and provide debian-specific tagged collection functions,
> > including vocabulary management.  This was planned for a long time, and
> > it seems it may be the right time for it to happen.
> This sounds great. I will think about my needs during the weekend, even
> though they should nearly match the ones for your program. And there
> should be some people who would benefit from such a library (synaptic,
> installers, ...). So it should be thought through to provide a powerfull
> and easy to use API for libtagcoll and the cumbersome apt library.

It's good to see a libdebtags library coming.

We nearly finished a major new version of synaptic that adresses a lot
of problems in the 0.48 version (better HIG compliance, vastly
improved performance with gtk2.4 new UI, experimental KDE port). But
it lacks debtags support now. I hope to re-add it with the new library
until linuxtag :)

Everyone is welcome to help with this of course :) Especially since
I've a lot of real-life work right now (and this is not going to
change in the next few months).

bye,
 Michael