Faceted tags

Gunnar Wolf gwolf at gwolf.cx
Sun Jul 17 08:56:03 UTC 2005

Enrico Zini dijo [Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 02:26:45PM +0200]:
> Hello!
>
> I'm happy to tell anyone that I finally graduated!

Before anything else, congratulations! Not only you reached a very
important point in your career, but also you are giving back to Debian
a very creative and useful brain that had been kidnapped for months
;-)

> After graduation I finally had a look at the faceted catalogation stuff
> and I think it makes a lot of sense!
>
> My first intention is to download the last tag vocabulary and reorganize
> it in faceted style, then provide a renaming table to convert the old
> tag sets.  I did this already for another project of mine and it really
> seems to have meant a great change with a small effort!

Faceted catalogation/style? What does this mean? Could you explain a
bit on this, or send a link to bibliography on the topic?

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf at gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23