[Debburn-devel] New wodim options

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Wed Dec 27 14:15:04 CET 2006

#include <hallo.h>

As some of you may have seen, wodim got two new options which are
intended to make the life of users and frontend authors a lot easier:

--devices
    Look for useable devices using the system specific functions, eg.
    probing with usual device nodes in /dev/*, and display the
    detections using symbolic device names in OS specific syntax.

So it just gets the real names on Linux. I think on returning
scanbus-like output there on plattforms that do not have native names.
Any comments?

-msifile=filename
    Like -msinfo option but also stores the multi session info in a
    file.

No more unreliable stdout filtering for such critical information.

And, speaking at least for me, the command line compatibility of
genisoimage to the older versions of mkisofs shall not be broken soon
without a good reason.

Eduard.
    world.       -- seen on the net