[Debburn-devel] cdrkit-1.0 build error on Solaris 2.8

Brian Lindholm brian_lindholm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 29 23:59:57 CET 2006

Eduard,

   I tried your snapshot tarball today, and it got much
further on Solaris 2.8 than cdrkit-1.0 did.  However, it
still died on cdda2wav with the following error:

make -C build  Makefile
make -C build  all
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
[  2%] Built target paranoia
[  5%] Built target scg
[ 34%] Built target schily
[ 34%] Built target deflt
make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
Linking C executable cdda2wav
gethostbyname                       CMakeFiles/cdda2wav.dir/toc.o
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cdda2wav
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [cdda2wav/cdda2wav] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
make[2]: *** [cdda2wav/CMakeFiles/cdda2wav.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/lindhobe/cdrkit/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

   Perhaps a "-lnsl" is missing?  I'll poke further into it
tomorrow.

Brian